Monday, July 16, 2012

TESTING: Day 13

 Sample Viability Test



DOG:
Lily
DATE:
7/16/12 
SCENT TYPE:  (clothing/saliva/other)
spit
ORIGIN:
Donor 1
DATE OF CAPTURE:
6/9/2012
AGE WHEN USED:
Day 6 of Sample 3
SAMPLE CONDITION: (frozen/refrigerated/room temp/other)
refrigerated
SAMPLE STATE: (gauze/dental cotton/cloth/hydrated/other)
hydrated cotton square
INTENSITY:  (# of holes)
5
CONTAINER TYPE:
film canister
# of CONTAINERS:
6
# of SCENT OPTIONS:
1 sample, 5 dummies
MODE of PRESENTATION: (hand/surface/wheel/other)
scent wheel
SESSIONS:
1



Description
6 option



Reps:
9



% Success Rate:
78



Time:
1:32



ORIGIN of SAMPLE:  Tonic/clonic seizure; spit samples collected on cotton rounds and a roll of gauze (ran out of cotton rounds).  Clonazepam given after 2 minutes of seizure activity. 

COMMENTS:   Because this is the first time I have attempted to use Day 6 of a sample and because I will be using the sample as the trigger for the alert behavior, I needed to do a brief viability test to see if there was still detectible scent in this sample.  Although only a 78% success rate out of fewer than normal repetitions, I made the judgement call to use this sample for today's training.  Alert behavior training session is documented on the training page.



Wheel Session 1
#3: sample
#1, 2, 4, 5, 6: dummies